Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I cannot retract the hydraulic levelers in the rear with the

Customer Question

I cannot retract the hydraulic levelers in the rear with the automatic retraction button. The front levelers will retract but the back 4 will not. I have Forest River Georgetown 2003 325s
JA: What is the model of your '03 Forest River?
Customer: It is a Georgetown 325S as far as I know
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have tried Individually ad with automatic retract. Is there a manual way to do this?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Who is the manufacturer of the Jacks? IT should say on the control pad...

Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have no idea were the pad is. do you mean the dash?
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Yes the control panel you use to operate the jacks, what does it say on it???

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Sorry I can not do a phone service IF I do not even know what system you have, I would have to see if there is a manual retract procedure. I am going to opt out of the question so other experts can respond. Maybe another expert will take the call... Robert

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

What is the name on the control pad where you operate the jacks? Power Gear or Lippert or HWH or another brand? Get back to me with that information and I can assist you further.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
HWH
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

O.K..........what else does it say? They have quite a few different systems. Or you can describe what is on the left side of the touchpad.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
All it says is HWH hydraulic leveling
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There are up down buttons and a cetner rectangular button for auto retract
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't want to continue with the phone call. i want to converse here on the question page.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

10-4...........take a look at the attached link and tell me if this is your touchpad. IF so, print out a copy of this manual. http://www.hwh.com/ml33832.pdf

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Bingo that is it!
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Print that out and take a few minutes to read the trouble shooting section so you know what I am talking about when I get back to you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not have a printer but can download on a flashdrive and get printed out at print shop tomarrow. No transportation till morning.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

O.K...........can you at least read through that part now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will read and get back to you tomorrow. Too bad I have an appointment for the RV to be fixed tomorrow. Will have to cancel I guess. Thank you will get back with you when I can tomorrow.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will read through it now
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Once you do, then describe to me what the touchpad is doing when you try to retract the jacks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Once I know the symptoms you are having, I can give you some idea of the problem and fix.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hey, I am back and in my RV
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will wait for your response on what to look for on the panel. Back hydralic levelers are not retracting and the front ones do.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
24 hrs is a long time to wait for an answer. hope someone gets back to me before then
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

I have been waiting for you to answer my previous question...........did you miss that? I asked you what was the description of the symptoms you were having? Based on the manual........

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this as I hadn't heard back from you? If you still need some assistance, please let me know. Thanks!