Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a dometic silhoute s1821 that when functioning will

Customer Question

I have a dometic silhoute s1821 that when functioning will not maintain safe temperatures, seems to have a vague association to outside temperature. PCB likes to blow the 3 amp fuse for the 12v side 5-6 times per day and if the fuse is replaced with a fuse of greater amperage the relay controlling the 120v heater will blow. We disabled the propane side as the valve is currently inoperative. Ideas?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert..

Not sure if the temp. would cause the fuse to blow. Right off the bat what I would try and do is hook up another 12 volt DC source and see what happens. Sometimes a power converter can put out AC ripple or dirty voltage and the board does not like it so I would try that to start, I would check what the DC voltage is as well coming into the board when this is occurring. I would do any voltage checks you can in the service manual, check the thermistor, heating element etc. Click HERE for a service manual, when you troubleshoot these it is a process of elimination. IF you are using any extension cords on the main cord you plug into please let me know. Normally when a fuse blows it has to do with a short or wiring problem vs temp. IF everything checks out in the manual then I would try a new board and see what happens.... Hope this helps some.... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert