Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Power at the pole. But none in side trailer. No circuit

Customer Question

Power at the pole. But none in side trailer. No circuit breakers are tripped.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 20p9 keystone passport. Just came back from trip. Plugged in and nothing working
JA: What year is your Passport?
Customer: 2009
JA: Are you fixing your Passport yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked all connections. Power to pole is good. Ran on batteries all night
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Have not with volt meter. Worked well 5 days ago. Is there a breaker switch outside near the battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

The two most probable causes of this on a trailer are a bad plug on the shore cord OR a bad main breaker in the load center. This is pretty easy to track down if you have a small digital multimeter. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can direct you in some testing as part of the follow ups and included in our fee. Please get back to me when you are ready and please include the make and model of your load center. Most of that era were either made by WFCO or Magnetek.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Since I never did hear back from you, I am thinking you got this issue resolved, but if not, please get back to me and I can help you get to the bottom of the problem.