peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Howdie.. Got a 2015 Coachmen Prism.. Mercedes Diesel Chassis

Customer Question

Howdie.. Got a 2015 Coachmen Prism.. Mercedes Diesel Chassis etc
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: and got a check engine light. With a 56D code flashing after startup.. code goes out after a bit, but check engine light stays on
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Check engine stays on. 56D code is on after startup.. then the 56d goes away after about 15 seconds
JA: What is the model of your '15 RV?
Customer: Its a Coachmen PRism 2150LE
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried looking up the code
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: can't fix shit till I find the code
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out using a fully compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue.If there is any way you can get the actual fault codes checked with a compatible scan tool post the code info here as this will help.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Attention any and all technicians. Do not reply unless you know the damn answer. This jerk wrote that pile of Garbage, then asked for $24 to be charged to my credit card. Uhhhhh.... No

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete