Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Dometic 2 ac in living area shows a e-7 error code bedroom

Customer Question

dometic 2 ac in living area shows a e-7 error code bedroom unit still working looking for a solution
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: I guess I am not aware of a scan tool
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: Forest River silverback 2016 we have been in it since may
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked all the breakers and fuses everything is still powered and and working including the second unit in the bedroom
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: we do have a surge protector on our 50 amp cord
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

The E7 code is loss of 120 AC power to the module boards and the unit will shut down.

I would go unplug the shore-cord, shut all the breakers OFF inside the RV, go plug back in and then turn the breakers on one at a time and see if the codes goes away, beyond that I would check all the connections at the AC unit, make sure nothing is loose, you should have a junction box where the AC wires are coming into the AC unit, sometimes you have to pull the cover inside and look up into the AC unit for the board and the wires and other times that is located under the topside shroud. IF that all looks good then I would have the dealer take a look, if this is a 2016 you still may be under warranty and I would have it looked at, if you start taking to many items apart you could void any warranty, have seen that happen before.... Hope this helps some..... Robert

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks will try
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

No problem, let me know if you need more help, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert