Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Trying to winterize 2017 3790 Montana. Can't get anti freeze

Customer Question

trying to winterize 2017 3790 Montana. Can't get anti freeze to the pipes
JA: Has your car been overheating? Have you noticed any leaks?
Customer: This is a 5th wheel.
JA: What year is your Montana?
Customer: As I put in my previous message, its a 2017
JA: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have drained the water, put the bypass valve for the water heater to on, winterize unit switch to on, put hose in city water and winterize connections, turned the pump on, but it will not suck any anti freeze into the system
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

HI my name is Robert.....

IF the pump is running try and prime the line with a funnel, if there is air in the line the the pump can get air bound, you can also try and loosen the outlet on the pump and see if it will start to suck the antifreeze out of the bottle. Also make sure your battery voltage is above 11.5 volts or the pump can run but might not pump any water or the antifreeze. The water heater should be bypassed so that is good and you should be seeing the antifreeze, you should feel air out the faucets and then it will start to spit and then you will get flow... Let me know if you need more help.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert