gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

My daughter got her 33 foot airstream set up and found a

Customer Question

my daughter got her 33 foot airstream set up and found a leak . She has started tearing out the floor. She plans on doing it herself. I'm her mom and want to get some help or guidance for her.
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: It drives fine. . . . I believe all the plumbing was recently changed.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: I don't know . is there anyone we could talk to once we get out there
JA: What year is your RV?
Customer: sub floor removal. . . can it be done?
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we are getting ready to fix it ourselves. leak has been identified. bathroom is torn out floor is out and sub floor is next
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: can this be done effectively?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

I think this would be easier over a phone chat........and will make this offer for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want to do this when she is present. Can we agree to this later. This is not real helpful right now.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

The phone chat(s) can be at any time of you choose. It is not limited to one call and there are no time limits. I have my own shop and do these repairs all the time. I have one right now I am replacing a large section of flooring in. Once you accept that offer, I supply my phone number and you call when it is good for you. I am in California so keep any time zone change in mind.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just got charged $29 for this text. ????
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It was suppose to be 5
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ARE U STILL THERE
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

No charges are due unless you accept my offer or you rate the answer. The deposit is $5 and part of the $29. The $9 would be added. If you feel that $38 is not worth the time, then just ask for a refund and hire a good mobile tech to assist you. I charge $79 an hour plus service call fee. It might vary where you are. And yes, I am still here, but it takes some time to type an answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just wanted to ask a $5 question and identify a resource for my daughter. I don't get paid till next Friday and am now on bones. I am just looking for options that she might use.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Maybe a mobile tech can assist you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can i get my money back?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

If your daughter has not done a great deal of wood working, I suspect she will be in over her head here. This will take some special tools and expertise. And you sure can have a refund.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Sure.........just ask Customer Service.