Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

My furnace worked fine last winter but this year it won't

my furnace worked fine last winter but this year it won't turn on. It had electronic ignignition
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2000 Fleetwood Wilderness
JA: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried cleaning the contacts so far
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I have tried

Hi my name is Robert....

When you turn the thermostat ON will the fan come on at all? IF the fan is coming on can you hear it trying to spark at all??

What is the make and model of the furnace.....

Follow ups are included.... Robert

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The fan operates fine. The thermostat and roof air are Coleman/Mach but I can't find any tags or info on the gas furnace itself
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No clicking sound of sparking

Can you hear it trying to spark at all, as the fan comes up to speed it blows on a sail switch so you have proper combustion, once the sail switch closes it sends a signal to the circuit board on the furnace, at that time you will hear a click from the gas valve and it would start to spark.

IF you are not getting spark check your battery voltage, if the voltage was low, under 11 volts the fan may not spin fast enough to close the sail switch and then you would not get spark. Other possible issues are bad sail switch or circuit board. What I might do if your voltage is good is remove the circuit board from the furnace and have a local RV shop/store test the board, a special board tester can be used to see if the board is the problem. IF the board checks out good then it could be the sail switch. It will be a process of elimination.

IF you happen to find the make and model of the furnace please let me know, it will be an Atwood or Suburban...... Robert

HI... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
It gave me a better starting point. Thank you. I am going to check into those suggestions and if that fails, call in a professional before I make things worse. Thank you again.

Let me know if you need more help, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping out, you can still follow up if needed, I am around daily and respond when I can..

Thanks, Robert