peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

When starting and let off start switch it stops 1988 onan

Customer Question

When starting and let off start switch it stops 1988 onan 4kw
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: This is on rv yes headlights turn on
JA: What is the model of your '88 RV?
Customer: holidy rambler imperial motor home
JA: Are you fixing your Imperial yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes putting new control panel replacment
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This issue here can be due to an internal electrical fault in the switch itself or possibly wiring at fault leading to this switch.If you have not had this tested further to see if any of these are the cause here this needs done.if this is or was done already let me know so we can continue before rating my help here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete