Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have a group of 12 volt lights that quit on one end of

We have a group of 12 volt lights that quit on one end of the coach, start working again in a couple days, quit again. I have checked the gfi circuits and reset, but we still have this problem continuing. Any suggestions?

Hi my name is Robert...

What is the Year, Make and model of the RV????

Robert

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2000 holiday rambler 5th wheel....36'. 3 slides. Not garaged or covered, but open and used frequently. Not moved much in past 10 years.

OK....

IF they are 12 volt lights they will be fuse protected, the power for the lights inside should come from your interior fuse box. When this is happening I would get a 12 volt test light and probe each fuse in your fuse box for power, if you had a loosen connection or the fuse was loose it could cause this issue, I would check the wiring on the back side of the fuse panel for that particular fuse and make sure the wires are not loose. Check all your connections as well at each light and switch make sure nothing is loose as well. It is possible since it is only confined to SOME of the 12 volt lighting the problem is in the wiring harness from the fuse panel to the switch or from the switch to the lights. Normally if the lights go out and then come back on it can be a bad connection at some point so I would check the areas that you have access to...... Hope this helps some... Robert

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Robert....we will check the fifth wheel circuitry as suggested this coming weekend. Thanks for your insights...dave

Please let me know if you need more help, I am around daily and respond when I can..

Thanks, Robert

see below