Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Running light problems, Top clearance lights front and back,

Customer Question

Running light problems
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Top clearance lights front and back
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1999 F 53 motor home
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fixing for myself--I DO HAVE AN ELECTRICAL BACKGROUND AND TESTERS
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

To start I would check all your fuses for the chassis with a 12 volt test light, turn the ignition ON and probe each fuse, you should have two fuse boxes, one the RV manufacturer will install that is normally outside under the engine access in a box and then Ford will install one and that one is normally under the dash, the drivers dash panel will swing up OR have a few screws that you have to take out to access the fuse box, it will be up high in the dash. Turn the ignition ON and probe each one. Many times the clearance lights are daisy chained together as well so if you had a bad connection at one then others will go out, so I would access the wiring to the lights and see if you have voltage at any of them, if you find you have voltage then check each one, sometimes these lights can be prone with water getting inside the lens and then it creates problems so I would check each on... What is the Make and Model of the RV????

Robert

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
FLEETWOOD BOUNDER 2000 MH ON A 1999 FORD F53 CHASSIS 36' long WITH ONE SLIDE
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HOLD EVERYTHING--HOW MUCH IS THIS GOING TO COST ME?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

OK

IF you contact Fleetwood with your FIN they should be able to get you a print, I do not have any but have helped other customers... They can be reached at(###) ###-####...

Once you have a print you can trace the power from the panel, to the switch to the lights, I find a good 12 volt test light works best....

Not sure how much else I can share with a phone call, there is an added fee for that..... I do not handle the payments or billing and only get credit when you select a rating. Right now the phone service charge is on hold....... Robert

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
WHAT ELSE HAVE IBEEN CHARGED FOR
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

The way it works is you make a deposit for the question, once you are satisfied you select a rating and I get credit. Some customers also like to do a phone service and there is an additional fee for that, I did not take the phone service so there should be no charge. I do not handle the billing, payments etc...... IF you need help or have questions with that click HERE and they can assist you... Robert

Also you can follow up in this format as much as needed, I am around daily and respond when I can.....

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry---I have not had time to follow the instructions yet--should happen today or tomorrow----RONNY
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

No problem at all, take your time I am around daily and respond when I can...

Robert