Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a Suburban furnace, RV new in 2013. When I turn the

I have a Suburban furnace, RV new in 2013. When I turn the thermostat on, I hear a click in the furnace itself, which is when the fan would normally kick on, however now, it does not turn on and after about 20 seconds or so, I hear one more click and nothing after that. It did this about 5 weeks ago, but eventually started working fine with no repair. It is doing it again, and will not come out of it. Any ideas?
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: The click is normal. Immediately along with the click, the blower would come on, but now it doesn't, just a click only. This is at the furnace, not the thermostat.
JA: What year is your Suburban?
Customer: 2013
JA: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm at work now, but I'm going to look into it this afternoon. Just looking for some pointers ahead of time. I suspect it is a bad circuit board, relay ect... since it did this before, but started working again.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really, just looking for some pointers. I suspect someone knows by the syptoms I'm describing what it is.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

When this clicks and the fan motor won't come on it is usually a sign that the control board fan relay is bad or when it does this on and off again, it can be a bad solder joint on the board. These OEM boards are not good quality and made in China. I have seen some in my own shop that won't last more than a few months. You can have it tested, but if you don't have an outside inspection panel over the furnace, the furnace will need to be pulled in order to access it. Most shops can test these for you, but even then, the test isn't always conclusive. I would go ahead and spend the money for a good after market board made by Dinosaur Electronics in Oregon. Much superior to the OEM boards and they have a 3 year warranty should you ever need it. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our fee.

The board part number you would need is called a "Fan 50 Plus" board and online you can find them numerous places. Shop around as the price varies. If you are handy with tools, this isn't that hard to do and I can direct you in that and furnish a manual. I will also make a phone chat option offer for you as some customers prefer that personal touch.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
This is exactly what I suspect and I'll be finding out soon. Thank you for the advise on the aftermarket board. I should know more in a day or two. Thank you for the help!

You are most welcome! Please take time to enter in a rating as that is the only way I get credit from the site for my time assisting you. You may still come back to this posting sequence for follow ups at any time. Thanks!

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No thanks on the call for now. I just need to get into it later today.