peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Changed the electronic Speedometer module because of a

Customer Question

Changed the electronic Speedometer module because of a shifting problem and the Speedometer stopped working again after 10 miles. The electronic OD light flashes and it wont go into 4th
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: No it is the Over Drive light on the button stays flashing
JA: What is the model of your '10 Ford?
Customer: 1992 460 RV cant remember the Trans Type but the part I changed is DY-588 sensor Asesembly
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had a Mechanic change it for me and the Speeometer was bouncing a little and you could her it ticking then it stopped working. Was fine until the speedometer stoppd
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Could the cable have caused the module to bread and is it the par\t that maked the shifting work?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If it did operate properly after replacement for about 10 miles but then quit again this can indicate a short in the harness or connection at the module or leading to it.If you have not checked into to see if any shorts or damage is found this needs done.If this is or was done already let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete