Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My Atwood furnace 8500III comes on, air coming from the

Customer Question

My Atwood furnace 8500III comes on, air coming from the blower gets warm, not hot, and then flame goes out and unit cools down and stops. Trailer is new to us, and heater may not have been serviced recently. Air flow seems adequate, just that the heater doesn't stay on.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

How long does it run before it shuts down?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

I would have the LP pressure at the tank regulator checked and adjusted if needed as this should be done at least once a year and is often neglected. Be sure that the battery(s) are in good shape and full of water and that the terminals are clean and corrosion free. It sounds like the control board may have the flame sense going bad, but I need to know how long it runs before going off. That is usually about 10 seconds when this happens. If it runs for several minutes, then chances are that there is some debris in the ductwork from mice or perhaps they have been closed off and the furnace is building up heat due to lack of air flow and shutting down due to the limit switch overheating. Those would be some of the things to check here. Please get back to me if you need more or would like a copy of the Atwood Service Manual for this model. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?