Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

We have a 2016 evergreen bay 379 fifth wheel. The inverter

We have a 2016 evergreen bay hill 379 fifth wheel. The inverter went out, after replacement everything works with exception of the fridge, micro/convection oven and washer/dryer. Cannot locate a gfi and really are out of ideas. Help!

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Was this the "converter" or do you actually have an inverter here? Are you plugged into shore power? Any adapters being used on the shore cord? And please give me the make of your load center where all the fuses and breakers are. Get back to me with this information and I can help you resolve this.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it is an inverter and it is plugged into shore power with no adapters. WFCO - Cutler and Hammer

What is the make and model of the new inverter?

I don't want to do a phone chat yet until I know exactly what you have here.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will you be able to call?

I can once I know what you have and you should have a small digital multimeter handy for some testing.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He does

What is the make and model of the new inverter that was installed?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
WFCO 55amp power converter. So I guess it is a converter

That would have nothing to do with the microwave or the washer/dryer working. Did he check the service breakers to be sure they are not tripped? Turn them off and then back on again.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Model WF-9855

Yes, I see that...........and can call as soon as Customer Service tells me I can proceed.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
breakers have been checked. He's an electrician.

Have him check the AC output on each of the service breakers and be sure that they are all putting out good AC voltage. Double check the polarity of the wiring on the converter to be sure it wasn't wired up backward and blew the fuses on it. If all that checks out, find the GFCI circuit that supplies power to those circuits that are not working. There are at least two. One in the kitchen area and one in the bathroom area. There may be a third one and at least one of those circuits affected are going to have the controlling GFCI outlet. He can test that to be sure it hasn't failed, especially if it won't reset.

Have him check the batteries and be sure they are correctly wired on the polarity. If those were hooked up wrong, that could be affecting the converter. The fridge won't work without good 12 VDC power to the control board.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The batteries are fine and the problem becomes that he cannot locate the gfci anywhere. They aren't easily located.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We have a GFCI breaker

Check every outlet and especially those that aren't working. One of them has to be the GFCI outlet. The microwave is for sure. It might be on the fridge circuit and that would be outside on the rear of the fridge.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Checking

10-4

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've exhausted my conversation with him, if you could give Keith a call that would be great.

I can't until Customer Service clears lets me know and I can.........

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They keep sending me something to update my payment info. It is correct and I don't know what else I can do to update!

I am adding a link to Customer Care info for you.......http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

That number is(###) ###-####/p>

If he can't find the GFCI that controls these there isn't much I can do over the phone.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The GFCI switch on the breaker box controls them all. That doesn't seem to be the problem.

As an electrician he should know how to track this down. Not much I can share with him on that.

Just checking back in to see if he was able to locate that GFCI outlet?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is no outlet. It is a gfi breaker that controls all three circuits

Did he check to see if there was power out of it and then check each outlet to see if there was power in or out of them? There may be a J-box close by that feeds them and perhaps there is a loose connection there.

He might just want to replace that GFCI breaker anyway. He should know that testing with a meter isn't always conclusive as they can open up under any load applied.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you

You are most welcome! Thank you for bringing your question to Just Answer. Please get back to me if he needs more help on this.