gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

I have a pop up that the right front arm will not go down

Customer Question

I have a pop up that the right front arm will not go down the cable is not broken i\when i try to force it down it fills like it is hitting a cable
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: first time when i went to put it down i forgot to put the towel hoder back in place and i think it jamed the cable system
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that i can think of
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 days ago.

What is the year, make and model of this camper?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
2001 coleman Utah
Expert:  Randall replied 10 days ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you about your problem. I was off yesterday dealing with the bad storms we are having in the Pacific Northwest where I live. You may be correct in what is happening here and most of the time on these popups, it takes a good mobile tech or shop to take this apart and repair it. I don't want to waste your money here, so I haven't accepted the phone chat. I can opt out of this question if you want another opinion, but I am probably the only tech who actually has a shop and deals with these issues. I can offer a manual on the way this system is designed if you think that might be helpful. Let me know what you decide.