Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

The LP Gas Leak detector/alarm is beeping. Flashing red and.

Customer Question

The LP Gas Leak detector/alarm is beeping. Flashing red and green.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: I just bought it so I don't know.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2005 Jamboree Class C 19v
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would just like to know what I am supposed to do with the alarm going off. I don't know anything about an RV
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 13 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

I would go shut the LP tank OFF, IF you smell LP then you have a leak, smell in the cabinets near the floor, LP will sink to the floor and might become stagnant in any lower cabinets.

IF you do not smell LP you could have LOW battery voltage, when the battery voltage gets to low it can cause the LP detector to go off. Make sure the battery voltage is about 11 volts and if you are not plugged in try plugging in and see if the voltage comes up.

These detectors can fail as well, they should be changed out every few years, the sensor inside can get weak, make sure there are no aerosols being used, even dog or cat food near the dector, they can be sensitive.

IF you still have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 12 days ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....