gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

The Onan generator in My Roadtrek RV starts fine but quits

Customer Question

The Onan generator in My Roadtrek RV starts fine but quits after 3-4 minutes. A repair place says I need to replace the two aux batteries. The batteries charge fine and will hold a charge for days unless they are being use a lot. Do I really have to replace the batteries?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: It uses fuel from the vehicle tank. It has a new fuel pump, and carb
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No but I have come to distrust the shop that has worked on it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It has a new carb and fuel pump and furel filter.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Be sure that the oil level is full and I would have the batteries load tested to be sure that they are viable. Please include the whole model number off the data tag when you respond so I know what you have.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Not sure if you saw my previous response to your question? If you still need some assistance on this issue I can help you resolve this, but I need to know the make and model of your genset first. If you already resolved this, please let me know. Thanks!