Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

99 Coachmen Sport. The "Park light stays on". What Can be

Customer Question

99 Coachmen Sport.
The "Park light stays on". What Can be wrong?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 15 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

IF the parking brake light is staying ON while you are driving and everything appears normal it sounds like the parking brake sensor, on many of these the sensor is plumbed into the parking brake valve or below it, you would see 12 volt wires going to it with the air lines. Sometimes that sensor can also be located under the front cap area, some look like a small disc and will have the wires going to it. I might have a good chassis shop take a look to confirm, the labor on something like this should only be about 1 hour to diagnose and replace the sensor if needed. IF you can not find the sensor please let me know....... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 14 days ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....