Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Experience:  RV tech since the beginning of the millenium.
19372534

Hank. I we bought a Winnebago Adventurer 32v 2001 last fall,

Customer Question

Hi Hank. I we bought a Winnebago Adventurer 32v 2001 last fall, but there was no generator in it so I finally got one last weekend but it's a 7nhmfa marquis 7000 1993 I think. How complicated will it be to install it and make it run?
The wires were all cut to take it out from the old rv.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 month ago.

Connecting the genset to the RV is no big deal. But physically installing it can be a major challenge.

Great care must be taken to ensure that the mounts are engineered properly to be able to withstand the weight of the genset, as well as the shock and vibration of movement of the coach.

It is not as simple as just slapping a couple pieces of angle iron in there and welding them in.

Thought must also be given to ease of removal for maintenance, as well as adhering to all requirements of the manufacturer, and applicable safety standards organizations, such as NEC, NFPA, ANSI, and RVIA.

If the AC leads were cut on the genset, new ones will need to be installed, as there can be no splices in them, unless in a UL listed junction box. They must also be enclosed in conduit to the FPT.

Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 month ago.

Was this what you wanted to know?