Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have a allegro breeze 32br the slides one of the slides

Customer Question

I have a allegro breeze 32br the slides one of the slides makes a scraping sound when being opened for the first time after traveling. once it has been opened it will go in and out without making any scrapeing noise.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Just started. seems to be from the side of the slide, but I can not see anything touching
JA: What year is your Breeze?
Customer: 2013 it has hydrolic sildes
JA: Are you fixing your Breeze yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I normally do all my own maintence but I cant really see what is going on with this mechinisim. looking for a place to start.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 13 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sorry for the long delay I see not other experts have responded, I saw your question this am and have been thinking about what is going on as it makes no sense. I suspect what is happening is the hardware for the slide-room is shifting when you are driving and then when you run the room out the initial time after driving it is shifting back into place where it needs to be, that tells me that something might be loose with the slide, if it was not adjusted properly it would do it all the time. I think on this one since you can not see anything loose or anything out of the ordinary I would allow a shop one hour to diagnose but I would be present when they run the room out that first time after driving so they can hear that sound.... Not sure what else this is going to be with the symptoms. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert