Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Constant beep coming from trans. Also what type oil does it

Customer Question

Constant beep coming from trans. Also what type oil does it use. I have a 1994 Monaco royal signature TV class a
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

You should be able to pull codes using the shift pad by holding down the up and down keys on the pad, if you have an oil level sensor you have to do that two times, no sensor then one time. IF you have the oil level sensor and want to check the fluid the trans. needs to be warmed up and then the pad will start a count down and tell you if the level is lo or hi and a number for number of quarts, probably at this time it took Dexron II but as they years have went by that was phased out to Dexron III and IV which are all compatible. They also have made a synthetic fluid called Transynd but if you had that you would have a tag on the dip stick and a sticker in the engine compartment. Click HERE and have a look it will tell you how to pull codes and tell you what each code means. Hope this helps some..... Robert