Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I don't now how winterizer my Rv travel trailer Springdale

Customer Question

I don't now how winterizer my Rv travel trailer Springdale 2016
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: Keystone Springdale 2016
JA: What is the model of your '16 RV?
Customer: 28'
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much it's the cost ?
JA: It's only $5.
Customer: But for everything ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Here are the manufacturers steps. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/winter.pdf

Here is what I do on mine, but I use mine in the winter so I have to winterize and de-winterize at the RV campsite.

Winterize

1. Open the fresh and gray and black tanks and empty them.
  2. Open the low point drains.
  3. Turn the pump on to empty that line with a faucet open.
  4. Turn the pump off
  5. Hook up a compressed air line fitting to the fresh water inlet. I have a small pancake compressor I take with me.
  6. Set the compressor to 50 psi and flush the lines.
  7. Always have a line open hot or cold, and I work through all water outlets sink, toilet, bathroom sink, shower, outside shower, etc...
  8. I blow out each hot and cold line at least 3 minutes so it takes about 30 minutes. Once done I remove the hot water heater drain and let it blow out.
  9. Then I add one pint of RV antifreeze to the sinks and shower P traps.

De-winterize

1. I hook up a heater water hose
  2. Fill all the lines with water.
  3. Then I remove my water hose and fill that hose with dawn dish soap and water solution and run it through any water outlet I will have water that touches food or mouth. I do this to remove any possible compressed air compressor tank rust or oil residue.
  4. Once flushed good then I do it again but this time with bleach in the water hose.
  5. You really want to flush the hot water good to get the bleach out of the water heater or your eyes will burn in the shower.
  6. Once done flushing. I let my sink have a slow small stream while camping in freezing temps and I do not add any water to the fresh tank, I also always heat the camper, and drain my black and gray tanks continuous while camping.

I drink, cook with, and brush my teeth with the water in my camper from the campsite water line. I prefer this method because it takes forever to get that antifreeze taste out of the lines.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris