gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

Just read "my RV furnace wont stay on. I've got the same

Customer Question

Just read "my RV furnace wont stay on. I've got the same problem but I just paid $1500 to install a new furnace. Propane is clean. Just had the pressure adjusted to 11 lbs. On the fuse panel, Furnace off, I have 13.4 volts, with the furnace on I have 13.06 volts. Any Ideas?
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels. What is the model of your '11 RV?
Customer: I have a 1992 Pinnacle 340Q
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have been hiring most of the work done. My mechanic says I need a new power converter but I can't find one for this RV.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 17 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 17 days ago.

Wow! How much per hour do they charge there? I can't see this costing over $1,000, but that aside, does the furnace ignite and then go off after a few seconds? What is the make and model of this furnace?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Atwood model AFLD40111. The furnace retailed for $1500 I got it wholesale through a friend. and paid him $350 to install it.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
My rv repairman is a friend and he is presently going to school to improve his skills. I sent him an email with the model number and he is going to call atwood to try to find out what is wrong.
Expert:  Randall replied 15 days ago.

I sell that furnace for $899 and the suggested retail is $950. Someone gave you some bad information. In any you want help with the diagnosis or are you letting your friend handle it for you?

Expert:  Randall replied 12 days ago.

Since I didn't hear back from you I am guessing you were able to resolve this issue. If not, please let me know and I can help you sort this out.