Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have a 2005 Sunnybrook and the dometic rm3862 refer is not

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Sunnybrook and the dometic rm3862 refer is not working. It was working fine until my master surge protector poped off yesterday morning. It reset after the required time and everything worked except the refer.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: looking at the front panel, the only lights working are the clc and the lac, nothing else lights up
JA: What is the model of your '05 RV?
Customer: I tried the off and on button checked the 3 fuses nothing. the insode light works that's all. no cold either in the freezer or the food box.
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've checked the power fuse in the main box for the trailer, I've checked the 3 fuses on the back of the refer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: think I have covered it I'm thinking the control panel needs replacement??/
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 14 days ago.

HI my name is Robert...

SO the fridge is turning on, you checked the fuses on the circuit board.... IS the fridge lighting off on LP and is the flame going? OR if you are trying to run it on AC power is the flue canister getting hot where the wires are going into the canister???

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
nothing getting cold either freezer or main box. only 2 leds on the control panel light up the clc and thelac . the light inside the main box works
Expert:  Robert replied 14 days ago.

I would check the flue canister and see if it is getting hot at all, if it is not getting hot then I would replace the circuit board, they do not do very well with voltage change.... IF the canister is getting hot please let me know....... Hope this helps... Robert

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok will go there tomorrow to check
Expert:  Robert replied 14 days ago.

Sounds good the ONLY reason I ask this is want to make sure you do not have a problem with the cooling unit. IF the flue canister is VERY hot to the touch when running on AC power and the grey absorber coils are not warm then that is possible. IF it will not allow you to run on AC power or LP and you have good DC voltage going into the board then bad board, hope that makes sense.... Let me know if you need more help, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 13 days ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you still have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert.