Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 25 year old trailer with a Duo Therm roof top a/c

Customer Question

i have a 25 year old trailer with a Duo Therm roof top a/c unt. The a/c was not blowing very hard so i remove the inside shroud and found the supply air duct was separated from the ceiling plate by about 3". It looked like the supply and return air would be mixing together. I pulled down the duct so it seals against the ceiling plate. Is this correct?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Sounds like it, and you should use duct tape or aluminum tape to be sure it is secure. I am attaching a copy of the Dometic A/C Service Manual for you. See that section. Quite long, but loads of great information in there and you might want to print out a copy or at least Bookmark it so you can come back to it again later. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/acservice.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue as I hadn't heard back from you. If not, and you still need additional input on this problem please get back to me. I will make a phone chat offer for you as well in case you fell that might be more helpful.