peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

Starts runs 2 seconds and dies, Lights yes new battery six

Customer Question

Starts runs 2 seconds and dies
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Lights yes new battery six months ago
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: 2003 damon motor home
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: replaced fuel pressure regulator and manifold vacuum sensor fuel pressure tests 50 at injector rail with key on, won't start to test pressure while idle
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 17 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like a security fault here as this will cause the engine to start but die after a couple seconds.I have seen several models like this before.Try this if this has not been done yet.Lock and unlock the doors and then see if it starts and runs.If this is or was already tried let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete