Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

We have a tiffin 2007 allegro bay. I twas unplugged from

Customer Question

we have a tiffin 2007 allegro bay FRED. I twas unplugged from shore power for 2 to 3 days during the hurricane. When we went to start it today, the batteries were dead. brand new batteries were installed in May.
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: No we plugged in the shore power and after about 2 hours, it started
JA: What is the model of your '07 RV?
Customer: Allegro Bay FRED, front end diesel
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: other than having the batteries replaced in May, nothing. We are taking it in for repair and recall service soon. Just wanted to know what it might be
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I don't think so.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

If you didn't hit the battery disconnects then you may have just drained them down and they need a good charging. You might have had a battery fail and that can drain them all. Only load testing would tell you for certain. Most places that sell batteries can do this for you. If you do take them out to be tested, be sure you take a photo of the cables so you get them hooked up properly again. Easy to get this wrong if you don't. Hope that helps here. Please get back to me if you need more input as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

I am wondering if you perhaps missed my earlier response to your question and I am just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?