Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have a 2008 Monaco Knight. The outside entry door handle

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Monaco Knight. The outside entry door handle needs to be readjusted to shorten the distance of pull before releasing from the from the latch on the coach. Is there a Illustrated Parts Breakdown to show how to do this?
JA: Are you fixing your Monaco yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying to at this time as I am traveling and concerned that I won"t be able to open the door because it is getting harder to push on the door as you are puling on the handle. It is at the end of its travel when it releases.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am trying to find a reference picture of the assembly to se if I can adjust it mechanically.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 19 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

I see no other experts have responded. Can you send me a few pictures of the door and door frame, where the latch an striker are located? You should be able to upload a photo to your computer and then use the paper clip icon to insert photos into this reply. I will be out most of the morning (PST) but will be back in the afternoon, there is no hurry on my end you can follow up when it is convenient for you. I have adjusted some of these doors and want to be sure before I give you any direction...

Thanks, Robert