Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Have 2003 gulfstream sunvoyager, chevy 8.1 vortex, workhorse

Customer Question

have 2003 gulfstream sunvoyager, chevy 8.1 vortex, workhorse chassis. Removed batteries and later re-installed but there is zero power. No power to coach or to the starter. When I turn the key, nothing! Lights will not turn on in coach. Generator won't start.
Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

How old are the batteries and when did you have them load tested last? Failing batteries and dirty cables account for about 80% of the electrical problems we see here. Do that first and get back to me. If you have or can get a small digital multiemeter this is easier to track down most of the time. Those are about $20 and easy to use. I can assist you in the testing. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Batteries are less than 1 year old. All posts and cable connections are clean. I do not have a digital multi-meter. I won't pay for your answer. I described the problem and the vehicle. A diagram of how the cables are to be connected is the only answer I will accept.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

We don't have access to those. Perhaps a dealer can assist. I will opt out and perhaps another tech may be able to supply those for you.