Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I need to replace my dometic a/c control board004 where can

Customer Question

I need to replace my dometic a/c control board(###) ###-####004 where can I find one or another type to replace it?
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: its a 1994 newmar dutch star diesel pusher
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: its the original and I just had it serviced
JA: What is the model of your '94 RV?
Customer: dutch star
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am trying to get the overhead a/c working I smashed the thermostat controls and need to replace it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Are you sure that the thermostat is the issue?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Do I understand that you "smashed" it? Guess that would make it pretty much toast. Do you have one A/C or two?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

That thermostat is NLA and so you will need to upgrade to a newer version. If you have just one A/C you can use a Dometic Single Zone thermostat which comes as a kit. If you have two A/Cs you can use a Dometic Comfort Control II version and that can be purchased as a kit and additional board for the second A/C. Get back to me with the model number(s) of your A/C(s) and I can give you the part numbers you need. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have two airconditioners I don't care if the other one works or not but the control board is a dometic corp assy #3105356.004 it has a 10 wire band that plugs in and 4 wires for the power the a/c and heat black/red and blu/blu
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
also where to purchase it
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

You are going to have to upgrade to a newer thermostat and control box. If you look on the underside of the A/Cs once you remove the ceiling grill and air filter I can tell you which parts you need.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Lots of places sell these. AdventureRV online or PPL or Amazon or E-Bay are just a few.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it has 8 ceiling vents which one do I have to check
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the control box is in the a/c unit itself ?
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

This grill is the large one that is about 18" square over the A/C in the center of the ceiling. The control box is in the A/C or it may just have a computer board. Once I have the model number off the A/C I can get you the part numbers you need. Dometic has over 3 dozen different models.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there is no 18" square vent I have 8 , 6" round vents that go from the front to the rear of the rv
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Is is a grill work where the A/C air filter is. There are two of them........one on each A/C. The air return goes right up through them.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there is no return vents they all blow
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can access the a/c unit from outside on the roof by taking the cover off
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

You have to have one for each A/C as that is where the filter is. I am attaching a photo of one so you can see what you are looking for. http://www.adventurerv.net/dometic-duotherm-brisk-air-ducted-ceiling-assembly-p-23211.html

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there are no return ducks on the ceiling when the a/c was working I checked each duct and they blow cold air out only
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

O.K...........I can see this isn't going anywhere. I will opt out and let another tech offer something for you. You might just need to have a mobile tech come over and assist you here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
maybe the filter is on the outside roof under the a/c cover ?
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

No........center of the ceiling right under the A/C. Don't respond here or it locks me back into the question.