Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I own an older 3 phase-propane, 12V, 110 1.5 cubic ft., top

Customer Question

I own an older 3 phase-propane, 12V, 110 1.5 cubic ft., top loading freezer. How much clearance above the freezer must I have when running on 12 volt to avoid melting a head liner. As measured on my Yukon, I have 12".
JA: What year is your Yukon?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your Yukon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I need to have a professional install a 12V plug. I will not run it on propane in the vehicle as it gets much hotter. By the way, my Yukon is 4x4 1500 lb. XL
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's it, and thank you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Don't know what more you need to know. It's a pretty straight forward question!
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

What is the make and model of the freezer? We always like to know the make and model of any appliance we are working with here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is a Dometic, around 1997
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't think Dometic made a whole lot of 1.5 cu. ft., top loading portable, 3 phase freezers in those days, but I know they made this one for at least 15 years, and they no longer do.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

O.K.........just wanted to check. That 12" will be fine here. Be sure you ventilate the bottom as that air has to come up into the center of the cooling coils. You can do if from the sides instead of the rear if you need to. I will make a phone chat offer for you in case you think that would be helpful here.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue as I hadn't heard back from you. If not, and you still need additional input on this problem please get back to me.