Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a comfort control dometic thermostat007 that wont

Customer Question

I have a comfort control dometic thermostat(###) ###-####007 that wont display all features and will not go to the right mode you want and the front and rear acs will not come on as well as the fan I was told I need reset instructions in order to get full display to show and for all request to come on thanks for your help
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

This may not be a thermostat issue. Sometimes batteries that are low on charge or failing or have a bad ground lead this sort of issue. If the batteries are over 3 years old they should be load tested and the cables including the ground lead to the chassis should be cleaned at least once a year. I can get you the reset instructions, but you should check these things out as well. There is a good reason that this happens and voltage or lack of it is usually the cause.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Chances are good that if the batteries and cables checked out, that this thermostat bit the dust. It hasn't been made for some time and is NLA, but you can have it rebuilt. Probably best to upgrade to a newer thermostat and controls, but rebuilding may be less. If you want to try that let me know and I can supply some information on that service for you. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue as I hadn't heard back from you. If not, and you still need additional input on this problem please get back to me. I will make a phone chat offer for you as well in case you fell that might be more helpful.