gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a Forest River Cardinal 3150RL, 2016 model. Vin #

Customer Question

I have a Forest River Cardinal 3150RL, 2016 model. Vin # 4X4FCAG26AG096668.
I have both kitchen sinks that will not drain. The problem is not in the pea trap as the level in the pipe downstream of it with the air equalizer flapper valve is at the same level.
I have removed this valve on top of the pipe and the level is at the same level as the sink.
I purchased a 1/4 inch X 15 foot sewer snake and have no problem feeding all 15 feet through the 1 1/2 inch ABS that drains both sinks to the grey water tank but the water level remains in the piping. The grey water tank shows empty.
Please confirm routing of the grey water drain system and confirm that there is no hidden valve that could be closed.
Thoughts!!!
Category: RV
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Randal, Please email the response as I am not in a position to accept a call at this time.
Thanks
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

No problem........and there are no other valves in those lines except the dump valves. Most of those models have two gray tanks and each one has a valve. Is that the problem or do you have both of them open?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
One grey and one Black sewer.
I have opened the grey water dump valve and only got a couple cups out of it.
Is a 15 foot snake long enough to reach the grey tank on this model?
Is the bathroom shower and sink tied in direct or tee'd into kitchen prior to entering grey tank?( would it be beneficial to snake the bathroom shower after removing screen?)
I am concern with the use of drain"O" and it would dilute anyway as water and RV antifreeze are flooding the pipe currently.
Is there normally a valve upstream of the grey tank entry? If so where woulkd it be located on my model?
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

I will check, but I think this has two gray tanks and that is the problem. The one won't have a valve near the other two. Sometimes the handle can be sort of hidden behind one of the wheels and out of sight.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Randy,
I have taken the RV into a local shop as it is freezing here and I do not have heated storage.
Thanks
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

O.K........please get back to me with what the solution was. Thanks!