Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

We were recently trying to pickup a 1986 Itasca 27'motorhome

we were recently trying to pickup a 1986 Itasca 27'motorhome that has not been started for at least 4 years.couldnt find key so replaced ignition switch ,replaced batteries ,check fluids,raised levelers with interior controller located in drivers area,it is low on fluid im guessing because i was able to retract them just enough off the ground to tilt them back and reattach with springs that were apparently detached manually .
Anyways went to turn key and didnt notice any dash lights on , but did still notice LEDs were lite,and got one click like battery cable wasnt connected good ,so i checked connections and tried again and nothing not even the leds for levelers were lit .checked fuses, the ignition fuse that is, and it was good .tried hooking up jumper cables to batt.s as well , nothing no power to anything and couldnt hear fuel pump anymore either .so now what? Ron W. Riverside, Ca.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

If the batteries are viable and fully charged, then I would start by checking the disconnect solenoid to be sure that the batteries were "in the loop" and not disconnected. Let me know how that goes and we can proceed from there. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
thanks Randall ill check it out tomarrow ,the rv is about 50 miles from me . also where is disconnect solenoid located? thanks

The switch is usually near the entry door on the wall or on the overhead or on the dash. Usually for the coach and one for the chassis batteries. Most are by Intellitec and have a red light next to them when the batteries are engaged. You can hear a distinct "click" when the switch is energized. Take a small digital multimeter with you so you can check the actual voltage. It should be the same INTO and OUT OF the solenoid. Most are under the hood in the Battery Control Center. Get back to me if you need more here.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue as I hadn't heard back from you. If not, and you still need additional input on this problem please get back to me. I will make a phone chat offer for you as well in case you fell that might be more helpful.