Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have 2015 Holiday Rambler Ambassador. The Kitchen slide

Customer Question

I have 2015 Holiday Rambler Ambassador. The Kitchen slide out will not go in the last 2 inches. Now I'm getting a fault light and the slide will not move in or out. Removed power and reset, still not working. The switch says it has 4 motors
Is there a "manual" way to get my slide in? Its a "Power Gear" unit
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Click HERE and see page 107, on the motor is a lever that acts as a brake, if release the levers it should allow you to crank the rooms in or if you have enough people allow you to push it in. IF you sheered a pin then the room might not want to go, check where the motor attaches to the drive rail and make sure nothing has failed. ‹ If the slide-out still fails to retract, the electric drive motors have a ¾” manual drive coupler. A brake lever under the dust boot must be released if manually retracting the drive motors. The process will involve disengaging the motor brake, manually retracting the motor ½ turn, re-engaging the brake then performing the same process for the other motor. Repeat this process until the room is fully retracted. Do not drive the motor-home with a slide-out room partially or fully extended...

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Robert...any idea how I gain access to the motor...I assume its through the cargo compartments...? The are a lot of panels to remove....a lot more than previously
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Yes most likely you will have to pull down the panels to gain access to the motors, the panels in the overhead should be screwed on after that it should give you some access. You might want to reach out to HR with the coach number before diving in, they do have a technical support number for customers, I used to work for them and they were good with responding for issues like this. Below is the contact info. One thing once you get the room in have to engage the lever or the room may want to come out while you are driving.... Hope this helps some... IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping.... Robert

HR Technical Support(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Robert