Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a palazzo thor rv and it is a freightliner chasis and

Customer Question

i have a palazzo thor rv and it is a freightliner chasis and my air conditioner om the chassis showed e-1 then went out and will not turn on or show anything on its screen
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: 2016 thor palazzo
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have checked all fuses and circuit breakers and everything is in working order there is no electrical input (power) to the control box
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think that is everything
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Is this a Dometic Single Zone or 10 button Comfort Control II thermostat?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have two domestic thermostat. The driver side is out. It has 3 settings fan, c ool, and heat. The middle screen is the temperature setting. Before it went out I saw an e-1 then it flickered and went out
Again all the fuses and breakers are good and there is nothing else is electrically wrong.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

An "E1" error is a communication fault. That usually is from a poor connection at either end of the RJ-11 cable that hooks the thermostat to the A/C. It is caused from too much humidity or dust as a rule. You can remove the thermostat and unhook the cable and wipe off the contacts and try it again. Do the thermostat side first and then the A/C if you still show nothing on the screen. If doing this on both sides doesn't bring results, then it can be the thermostat itself has gone bad or the control board in the A/C side. Let me know what happens and we can go from there. All follow ups are included in our fee.