Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

We have an existing wineguard tv aerial on our campervan

Customer Question

we have an existing wineguard tv aerial on our campervan with rabbit ears. Can we use the same base plate for a digital satelite dish thanks for your reply.
JA: What year is your Rabbit?
Customer: 1998 we thnk
JA: Are you fixing your Rabbit yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we havnt tried anything as yet, we were just enquiring as to if we needed another inside wineup.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: can we buy only the dish, or does it have to be the complete set with the original base plate.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 29 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 29 days ago.

You can use the same mounting hole, but the base on the new dish unit is different. It still mounts the same way though. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more and include the model of the unit you want to install. All follow ups are included in our fee. Thanks!

Expert:  Randall replied 28 days ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?