Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic
Experience:  16 years of experience

I just drove 6 hours. Everything fine. Arrived. Went out to

Customer Question

Hi. I just drove 6 hours. Everything fine. Arrived. Went out to move RV, and heard a small pop, and now no power to dashboard at all. I can use the AUX batteries to get the lights to come on and try to turn the engine over, but they aren't strong enough. Tried to jump the engine battery, but no power at all. It is like something has disconnected the battery from all dash operations ... like a blown fuse or something. I reviewed the fuses, and didn't see anything obviously blown, but maybe missed something. 1999 Fleetwood Bounder - Ford
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Totally gone when just trying to use the engine battery.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 1999 Fleetwood Bounder
JA: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I opened the front outside engine cover, looked at fuses that appeared to have anything to do with it ... like the ignition start 5 AMP fuse. It was fine. I looked at several others, but not all (like not LP or others that seemed irrelevant.) That box was on the right on a printed green computer board I then also looked at the fuses in the black box in the middle of the engine compartment, but they all seemed bigger, like maybe they relate to the RV, not the chases ... some 60 Amp fuses, but also had some smaller ones. They looked general OK, but I did not pull out everyone on both boards.
JA: Got it. Anything else you want the RV Mechanic to know before I set up your one-on-one?
Customer: Every once in a while, when I try to start the engine, it gives a "screech" or grind ... but does not start the engine. It sounds, bad, so I stop right away. Then, I just try again right away, and it starts. Not sure that is related. I did replace my starter about 1.5 years ago, but this is since then. Does not seem to be starter related, but just mentioning it.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 23 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Do you have a volt meter?

Will the headlights work?

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 19 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris