Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My grandson dropped toy and plugged the flow ,can I push

Customer Question

My grandson dropped toy and plugged the flow ,can I push something down there to release it without damaging the pipes smiles grandma!
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2001 Fleetwood Wilderness 30 s
JA: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I thought of hose,can't see it,so was wondering what I could do,I usually get things out with wire,but this is further down!
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No,thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert......

Does this toy have any metal on it??? IF so I would try and get a long magnet that you can run down the pipe and see if you can get it. It would be better to try and get it out of the pipe before it falls into the tank. How big is the toy? It might pass out the discharge valve if it was small enough the valve opening at the discharge should be 3" round. Robert

many auto parts stores have the magnet on a flex type line. Also they have grabber tools.....