Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

2003 tiffin phathom, tiffin phathom 2003, phathom, found no

Customer Question

2003 tiffin phathom
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: tiffin phathom 2003
JA: What is the model of your '03 RV?
Customer: phathom
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: found no power to ignition switch fuse block, and won't start
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: worked great parked it ans weeks later not start, can jump feed to fuse block and will start and run ok
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the battery is ok appears to be a cut off switch, fuse or other interupt
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 27 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

What I would do is go to the chassis battery and follow that cable to the fuse box, look for a tripped breaker, below is a picture. Most have a tiny tab on them that pops out when they trip, as a general rule it would be 18" from the battery and can be on the frame or inside a battery control box with other fuses and breakers. IF you can jump the fuse block then it has to be between the battery and that fuse block. IF you have a chassis battery disconnect switch inside please let me know. Some will have one for the chassis battery and others do not or will have a manual switch right near the battery.... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert