Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE Medium/Heavy Duty Technician, Hydraulics, Brakes, Electrical Certified
9290743

I have a ford f53 motorhome chassis with the larger v10. the

Customer Question

i have a ford f53 motorhome chassis with the larger v10. the a/c pump is a sanden with the 5 bolt rear plate. in the center of the rear plate is a plug nut or some kind of nut. I have oil seaping out of there. is that under pressure? is there a o-ring. What is entailed in repairing this?
Category: RV
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Yes it is under pressure and there is an o-ring. It is the oil cavity for the compressor. It also has refrigerant in there. If you can recover and vacuum, I would recover the refrigerant, remove the plug and replace the o-ring, then vacuum and recharge.

It is a drain plug so you can fill the compressor with oil when it is new or being repaired.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you Jeremy; I appreciate the answer back.....This plug is really buried . I think i will take it in to a shop. i rated you at 5 stars and will keep you name handy.....LR
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

It is a booger to get to where it is. I agree with that.

Thanks for the rating and have a great night!