Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have an Atwood Hydro-Flame furnace Model number MPD 31479.

Customer Question

I have an Atwood Hydro-Flame furnace Model number MPD 31479. It will not light. It cycles like the igniter is trying to lite. The diagnostic chart says that if the LED INDIACATION is steady on, no flashing that there is an internal circuit board failure.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Not sure. The light supposedly is for diagnostics for the furnace. stady on, no flashing is suppose to indicate internal circuit board failure. 1 flash with 3 second pause is a limit swith/airflow problem, 2 flashes with e second pause flame sense faul, 3 flashes 3 second pause iginition lockout fault. I don't see a light
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not fixing it myself. I did go in from the outside and clean out a small wasp next which was indicated in a previous answer by Randall to someone else that it could be a cause of a problem. Doing normal turn on procedure for the furnace. This is a recent purchase for me. I am getting ready to go on a trip tomorrow. I left the Gas line on last night with a full tank so it should not be an LP gas problem.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that it is a Jayco.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

So in order for the furnace to work you need good spark and gas. The first thing I would do in the shop if it was sparking is check the LP pressure, this would be hard for you to do without a manometer. GO to the main LP tank and shut the valve, slowly open it back up, sometimes the regulator can lock up and you might not get the proper pressure and other items could still be working.

The electrode will sense the presence of the flame and send a signal to the circuit board, if the circuit board does not see the signal or flame it will shut down. So it could be a bad board or electrode. I would pull the board and see if a local RV shop can test it for you, most RV stores and shops have a special board tester and can tell if it is bad or not. Also going to give you a service manual so you can look at it, it might help. When you troubleshoot these it is a process of elimination..... Click HERE for that....

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit.... Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
All I wanted to know is where is the trouble light indicator. The info you sent me was based on a different model and my basic question hasn't been answered. I am also upset because there was no indication that I was going to be charged more than $5.00 to answer a simple question. Not a reflection on you but of the web site and the company running it.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

I am trying to help you out, that manual covers all the models. The indicator light would be on the circuit board it's self. The circuit board would be on the back side of the furnace. IF you want a refund let me know, I am not here to take your money this works for most owners.... Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry Robert, I don't want a free trial. The $5.00 charge is fine but nothing more. Cannot see a light on the circuit board.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Not all of them have the light on them. I will request a refund for you..

Have a nice day... Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Robert, just cancel all and let me know this has been done. Thanks.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

I do not handle the billing, payments, memberships etc..... Click HERE for customer service, they can assist you...

Robert