gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

I have a 2012 Jayco Jay Flight with a AC unit that leaks

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Jayco Jay Flight with a Coleman AC unit that leaks water inside the living area on cycle up and shut down of the cooling cycles. The water appwars to be coming from between the squirrel cage and the fan blade.
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: Yes its definitely water coming out of my Coleman Mach 3 AC unit in to the living quarters.
JA: What is the model of your '12 RV?
Customer: The water is coming right out of the vents of the AC cover.
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've had the inside cover off to determine where the water is coming from and what it would take to stop it but I've got nothing. 2nd 1I've taken the outside cover off the whole unit and cleaned the components off but they were not in real bad shape to begin with. I'm really trying to figure where and why the water is coming from.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's pretty much it.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 27 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
What else do you need?
Expert:  Randall replied 27 days ago.

That is probably coming from the evaporator tray. You can access that from up on top once you remove the A/C cover. If you need more on this once you check that out, please get back to me. You clean out that drain with a straightened out clothes hanger or similar. On the driver's side. About 1/4" diameter hole.

Expert:  Randall replied 25 days ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?