Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My Intellic BD2 battery disconnect switch does not

Customer Question

My Intellic BD2 battery disconnect switch does not illuminate or work. I believe it could be a circuit breaker on a latching relay according to the manual, but I don't know where they are. The motor home is a 1999 rexhall airbus.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Normally when you hit the switch it triggers a solenoid, you will have one large cable going to one side of the solenoid from the battery, power should transfer to the other side when you hit the switch, the smaller posts on the solenoid should power the switch inside. Sometimes when you hit that switch inside you can hear it click each time, if you can not locate it by sound go to the house battery and follow the cable, once you find the solenoid look for any fuses on it, some solenoids will have a fuse on it. Check for voltage on the large post, if you have power get an insulated wire and jump the posts and see if your power comes on. It could be the solenoid. That most likely is in a square box outside with fuses, breakers and possibly another solenoid. Also if you find that box look for any tripped breakers, below is a picture, most have a tiny tab on them that pops out when they trip...... Let me know if you need more help, I am around daily and respond when I can... Robert

Breaker.

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert