Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Brand new RM2510 lamp not flashing, it is a 1992, the RM2510

Customer Question

brand new RM2510 lamp not flashing
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: it is a 1992 Terry
JA: What is the model of your '92 RV?
Customer: the RM2510 was just purchased and will not light because there is no flashing light
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: no it does not blink at all
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I removed my defective RM2501 and just replaced it with this new one
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Did you check the fuse in your load center for the fridge? That would be the first place to check. I can offer you a phone chat option here as well.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Wiggle the selector back and forth just slightly to be sure that the ignition contacts are being energized. If you don't have spark and you know you have at least 12 VDC to the junction block at the back of the fridge, then the two most common causes are dirty contacts on the selector switch or a bad spark module. Be sure that the wiring is good and secure on that. Other things that might cause this are a broken porcelain on the ignitor. Not easy to get to the selector switch and since this is under warranty I would let them repair it for you unless this isn't possible or practical. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it's running I found reverse wires from my RM2501
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

That would do it and easy mistake to make...........thanks for letting me know.