Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

While changing a right side marker light I touched power to

Customer Question

While changing a right side marker light I touched power to ground. I have lost all of the running lights and can't find a fuse. It seems to be fed from the rear. Is there a separate fuse/relay that feeds the rear somewhere
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 26 days ago.

Hi my name is Robert..

In order to help you need to know the Year, Make and Model of the RV? The more detailed info you can provide the better we can try and assist you...

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
2001 Gulfstream Yellowstone 38'
Expert:  Robert replied 26 days ago.

SO they have a 5th wheel this year and a motorized or class C that is a Yellowstone, which do you have??

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Class A
Spartan chassis
Country club
Expert:  Robert replied 25 days ago.

Got it, this really sounds like you did in fact blow a fuse, what I would do for this is get a 12 volt test light, they are really easy to use,find the chassis fuse box that is normally outside and turn your ignition ON and probe each fuse you find for power, the fuse will have a tiny hole on each side and you can stick the tip of the test light inside that and see if it lights up, it is a fast and easy way to check to see which fuses have power, make sure the ignition switch is ON. Normally on a pusher you will have a chassis fuse box outside in one of the compartments or in the back engine access.... Robert

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I have done all that previously. I have been under the bus trying to chase the wire. Everything checks at the front. I have been through every fuse and checked all of the curcuits through the headlight switch. I have looked under the bed in the engine compartment and checked the rear engine service area. I can't see where this circuit is fed from the front and I can't find a fuse or relay at the back. I don't think the markers are controlled separately through the headlight switch. There are 9 bulbs on this curcuit so it would make sense there is a 12 volt feed to a relay/fuse to feed these lights. The power to ground was 1 spark do it wasn't long enough to fry a wire. It's possible I need to see a schematic for the chassis or coach wireing.
Expert:  Robert replied 24 days ago.

I do not have any wiring diagrams on this, I will put your question back up for other experts, maybe another expert will have some more ideas. I do not know when or if another expert will respond, they come and go daily, if I find anything out I will jump back in.... Robert

Expert:  Randall replied 24 days ago.

I would contact Spartan Chassis for some assistance and some wiring diagrams. Once you have those this will be pretty simple to fix. I am attaching a link that site for you. Please let me know if they supply what you need, but I have had good results before with them. Thanks!

Expert:  Randall replied 21 days ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?