Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have a 1999 Safari Sahara and we cannot find the location

Customer Question

We have a 1999 Safari Sahara and we cannot find the location of the water pump that needs to be replaced. Can you help us out?
JA: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: Sorry, drinking water pump
JA: Are you fixing your Safari yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes fixing myself, but I do not have a manual and cannot locate the pump
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, is there a way I can get a graphic?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Most of the time it will be on the roadside in the bay where the city water hookup is and behind that panel with all the valves. You may not be able to see it without removing a panel or you can sometimes reach up under that outside panel and feel it. Do I need to attach a photo of what it looks like?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Randall, that compartment with the valves is completely closed in, without access to anything. Are you actually familiar with our particular RV
If not, could you please refer us to someone who is?
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Only to the extent of where these are placed.........and many times you won't be able to see it without taking a panel off first. I can opt out and allow another tech to offer something, but that may take some time as some are off today I think.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your reply, yes, I would in fact prefer to speak with someone that knows about our particular RV. I would appreciate if you had off this call to such a mechanic. I have exchanged a water pump on a Fleetwood RV which was exactly where you say to look, but this one is a puzzle.
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert......

A few areas I have seen these on the Safari product are on the closet floor that is above the water tank, there is a panel that comes out, under the bed or under the false panel under the bathroom sink. It changes each year and floor plan which is difficult to recall on something older like this. I think I have a manual laying around I will take a look at that and if it gives location I will let you know.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert