Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have 95 Winnebago adventurer with sagging headliners

Customer Question

I have 95 Winnebago adventurer with sagging headliners everywhere. I use 3M spray adhesive but it still comes apart. Is there a plywood ceiling under the headliners. Perhaps I can use short screws to spot fasten it, How thick is the plywood, I dont wnat to penetrate the fiber glass roof./ Ant other thoughts
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

normally all you will have under the headliner is 1/8" or 3/16" luan board. The trick with the glue is to spray both sides liberally and right when it starts to get tacky stick it and then get a flat plastic scrapper and work the glue to the edges getting any bubbles out, that process will take a few mins as the glue sets up. I would use 1/4" screws it you want to try and spot fasten it. Also another product I have used that works a little better then then the 3M is called Stay Put, used it in the factory. The key is to get both sides, if you just spray one side it may not want to stick... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

I see you opened another question, I had that closed so you do not get charged again. IF you would still like to talk on the phone I can send you a request, the company does have an additional charge for a phone service. IF my answer does not warrant a phone call please feel free to select a rating or follow up if needed.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert