Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have a 2001 Fleetwood fiesta RV in my workshop at the

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2001 Fleetwood fiesta RV in my workshop at the moment. It has failed its MOT on an ABS light. It has an OBD socket but not sure if that communicates with the modulator or not. I have read that the light will clear itself when the fault is fixed is this true? Do you know if the software is similar to something else? Any help would be great. Barry
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Yes the ABS will clear when the problem is resolved, however you need to drive the unit over 7 mph as the system will do a self check and then reset. You can still drive the RV but you will not have ABS capabilities if the light is on and with the light on it should be storing a code. Could be a sensor out of adjustment, bad cable, bad sensor or an issue with the ABS module. Some code readers may in fact give you a code via the OBD socket, I might see if a local parts store will scan codes for you and see what comes up, sometimes auto parts stores will do them for free, once you have the code it will take the guess work out of what is going on. Low voltage can also set the ABS light off as they are sensitive to low voltage, make sure your battery cables are clean and tight and the voltage is above 11.5 volts, have seen some cases where a battery or alternator is failing and the ABS light will come up prior to that type of issue. Many times a sensor out of adjustment could also cause the issue... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

HI... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Robert. Sorry your answer wasn't really much help. I was asking if you know if there was a make which may use similar software to fleetwood so I could get a code out of it. I know it's probably a sensor but being a commercial vehicle it's not a 5 minute job to check sensors and reluctor rings.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Understand I will opt out and see if another expert has some input on this, I do not know when another expert will respond they come and go daily... No need to respond to this as it will prevent others from seeing your question.... Robert